Those close to me will know that this year has been a particularly difficult one in numerous areas of my life. Sometimes life throws curve balls, not everybody is kind, stuff happens and change is inevitable.
However we are what we focus and think upon and it’s in what we determine to do everyday that will see us not only walk through the valleys, but also will enable us to come out the other side stronger, wiser and with our dreams intact.
There are no surprises for God and whatever we may face, you can be sure He has a plan, process and way through.
One key I’ve repeatedly discovered is to be consistent, for its, “in consistency that the power lies to overcome”.
In determining to be more consistent it’s helpful to choose five things to consistently do everyday that will help you remain focused on the future, encourage you to activate your faith and will fix your attention and what you are speaking and thinking, off the problem and onto God and His solution.
An example of these five things that I try to do everyday are:
- To pray and read God’s Word everyday – We find God and who He is when we read His words. The bible is a living book and God and His Word are one. It’s His guidebook to us for living; how to walk in wisdom, overcome and find our purpose and destiny. (2 Tim 3:16; Prov 4:20-22)
- To exercise – it relieves stress and will cause us to feel better about ourselves. People who exercise regularly are more positive, confident and solution focused. (1 Cor 3:16-17)
- To listen to positive faith-filled messages – faith comes by hearing and so what we hear is vitally important to our success and achieving all that God has for us. Feed what you want to develop in your life and starve what you don’t. (Romans 10:17)
- To read – Reading increases our understanding, knowledge and confidence. There is wisdom in much counsel so gain knowledge from the best and take your talent and make it a skill by gaining knowledge and understanding (Prov 15:22)
- To think, declare and visualise the direction you wish to take and the dream God has put in your heart. “As a man thinks so shall he be.” (Prov 23:7) What we “see” will create in us a vision for the future, which will then help us decide how to live today.
Today I encourage you to stop, pray and ask God to help you define the 5 things that you can put into action in your life.
Then determine that you will consistently do these 5 things everyday to help you achieve your dreams, ensure you keep running even when the going gets tough and which will cause you to have success.
“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13)
“Commit to the Lord whatever you do, and he will establish your plans.” (Proverbs 16:3)
Prayer: Lord I know the plans your have for my life are good. Please help me to put into action those things that will help me achieve and see the dreams you have placed in my heart come to pass. Please fill me with your strength and the capacity to be consistent in all I do and am today. In Jesus name Amen.