Fear is defined as “a distressing emotion caused by impending danger, evil, or pain, whether the threat is real or imagined.
To ensure we don’t allow fear to run rampant and steal from us, we all need to check if and what concerns we have in our lives.
Ask yourself what are you afraid of, and where are you being limited because of fear? Because when we don’t deal with fear, it leads to anxiety and worry, limiting our potential and God’s purposes for our life. Which is exactly what the author of fear – the devil wants.
The best way to combat fear is to strengthen our faith and knowing how much we are loved , which we do by knowing what God says in His word.
“So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17)
‘Perfect loves casts out all fear” (1 John 4:18)
We can build our faith by applying the truth of God’s promises by:
- Finding every promise in God’s word on the subject of our particular worry and fear.
- Writing God’s word down. Put it on your phone, whiteboard, the bathroom mirror, wherever you will see it.
- Speaking God’s word out – faith comes from hearing. So every time the fear rises or thoughts cause you to worry, get the promises of God’s word and speak them over your fear, and “stick it” to the fear.
- Refocus on the future and what God has called you to do and become. Take every thought captive and align your thoughts with what God says.
- Give thanks – gratefulness gives a perspective of how big God is, you are loved and all that He has done for you already.
“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (Isaiah 41:10)
“When I am afraid, I put my trust in you.”(Psalm 56:3)
“For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and love and a sound mind.” (2 Timothy 1:7)
“Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.” (Psalm 23:4)
Our faith in God and what He says will remove and replace any fear with confidence and peace, setting us free.
Today face your fears and ask God to bring revelation of the root of your anxiety and fear. Once you have that revelation, apply the word of God, build your faith and break the bondage of fear.
Prayer: Lord, I thank you that I don’t need to live in fear, for you are faithful to your promises and their ability to work in my life. Help me to face my fears, and trust in you and your promises, so that I can live in freedom. In Jesus name Amen.